Startup Pirates is a one-week acceleration program for entrepreneurs in the making. Through a combination of training, mentoring and idea development, we help participants structure and develop their ideas. In the end, we give them the opportunity to pitch their ideas to investors and successful business leaders.
In 2012, we’ll have 15 acceleration programs, in 10 different countries in the 4 continents.
So far, we have committed to:
- Organizing Startup Pirates programs around the globe;
- Empowering local entrepreneurial ecosystems;
- Decreasing the high youth unemployment rates that prevail nowadays;
- Fostering youth entrepreneurship networks, clubs & initiatives.
The Successes of our first programs:
Our inaugural program was in September 2011 in Porto. The success of this first program inspired us to organize another one shortly after in Lisbon. Sixty of the most driven young entrepreneurs from Portugal and from 5 other countries around the world worked and learned together for 8 days.
These are just some of the results to date:
- 5 startups in progress;
- 1 startups selected to Startup Chile;
- 2 startups selected for a local Portuguese accelerator;
- National news coverage in Portugal, China and Algeria;
- Overall satisfaction ranking with the Program: 5/5.
What we do
- Empower Youth. Training and mentoring during the ideation process;
- Build Powerful Networks. Connecting young entrepreneurs around the world;
- Tackle Big Problems. Addressing youth unemployment is one of our top priorities;
- Influence Policy. Driving debate about the role of entrepreneurship;
- Share Knowledge. Sharing inspiring stories and know-how.
Startup Pirates in numbers
- 8 days
- +30 Participants
- +30 guests (including mentors, investors and entrepreneurs)
- 8 workshops
- 14 working sessions
- 2 sessions “Ask the Mentor”
- 2 entrepreneur talks
- 2 other activities
= One remarkable experience!