The GLOBSEC City Challenge offers young minds a unique opportunity to share their ideas on how to tackle society’s most pressing challenges with high-level politicians and business representatives.
The GLOBSEC City Challenge is an essay competition, organized by GLOBSEC on the sidelines of the GLOBSEC 2018 Bratislava Forum, one of Europe’s top strategic forums for connecting the realms of politics, academia, non-government organizations and business. GLOBSEC’s mission is to influence today’s policy-making by generating new ideas and solutions for a better and more prosperous tomorrow. We believe we can change the world by putting together the right stakeholders at the right time for free exchange of ideas. This competition creates a platform for young people to become part of shaping the world.
The GLOBSEC City Challenge is organised by GLOBSEC as part of its InnoTech Initiative which includes both the Challenge and the InnoTech topical cluster at the GLOBSEC 2018 Bratislava Forum. At the Forum, high-level stakeholders from the public and private sector will discuss and propose practical strategies for utilising new technologies for the good of the global society. The award ceremony of GLOBSEC City Challenge will take place during the GLOBSEC Cocktail, on 17th May, in presence of high level representatives from both the public and the private sectors.
The objectives of the Initiative are:
- Raise awareness of the implications of new technologies
- Narrow down the focus of industries for their future business operations
- Contribute to building a progressive, stimulating and talent-oriented business environment
- Highlight priorities for policymakers
In an era when the development of new technologies is exponential, GLOBSEC City Challenge offers you a great opportunity to highlight your enthusiasm and critical thinking skills! The competition is based around Pijova-Rocla, an imaginary city which faces an array of familiar social, political and economic issues.
Your task is to:
- familiarise yourself with the city context
- identify one or more challenges that you find of high importance
- consider how modern technologies could tackle these challenges
- write a 1500-2000 word essay that summarises and explains your solutions
All entries must be submitted by no later than midnight, April 23rd (updated deadline).
How to Enter
The GLOBSEC City Challenge can be entered easily by submitting the online application:
- 1500-2000 word-long essay in a Word format
- 150-200 word-long abstract
- Your up-to-date CV
- Filled in registration form
- 3000 Euros; sharing your idea wih high level represetatives; engagement at GLOBSEC 2018 Bratislava Forum through GLOBSEC Young Leaders Forum; publication of your work
2.000 Euros; sharing your idea with high level representatives; engagement at GLOBSEC 2018 Bratislava Forum through GLOBSEC Young Leaders Forum; publication of your work
1.000 Euros; sharing your idea with high level representatives; engagement at GLOBSEC 2018 Bratislava Forum through GLOBSEC Young Leaders Forum; publication of your work
Who Can Enter
Entries are welcome from both individuals and teams. There are only three basic requirements that entrants must fulfill:
- Passionate about changing the world through modern technology
- 18-30 years old (at the time of essay submission; in case of group submissions, all members of a team must comply with the age limit)
- Be available to participate at GLOBSEC 2018 Bratislava Forum between 16th – 19th May 2018. (Please note that in the case of teams only one representative will be able to participate at GLOBSEC 2018)
If you have any questions, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org