On 22-23 June, Social Innovation Europe held the Exploring Ecosystems for Social Innovation event in Berlin, in partnership with the BMW Foundation.
This page will be used to share the various outputs from the event. It will be continuously updated but for now, you can take a look at:
Report - Read key insights in this report from our two-day gathering and recommendations to policy makers, coming directly from the participants!
Photos - take a look at our Flickr page here for photos from the event.
Presentations - here are the PowerPoint presentations from the two days:
- "Creating a regional incubator in France" by Fatima Bellaredj
- "Supporting entrepreneurs in Turkey" by Matthias Scheffelmeier
- "Fab Labs" by Murat Vurucu
- "Digital Social Innovation" by Peter Baeck
- "The Transition Movement" by Sandra Campe
Social Media Highlights - Click here to see the SIE in Berlin Storify page with highlights from the event as shared by participants!
Webinar - On the 29th June, Transition and SIE hosted a webinar discussing how we can develop a more holistic and joined up system of support for social innovation in Europe. The discussion was led by SIX's Louise Pulford and the BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt's Ryan Little and drew upon insights from the SIE in Berlin event. The webinar is now available to listen to here.
Blog Series - Read the ideas and insights from various participants building on themes from the event.
- Aine McGlynn, Resource Development Coordinator at Timeraiser, on herkey takeaways from the event
- Louise Pulford, Director of SIX, highlights the contrasting perspectives on ecosystems
- Fabian Suwanprateep, Project Manager at Beyond Philanthropy, on the role of philanthropy in supporting innovation
- Emma Clarence, Director of Emma Clarence Consultants, on balancing the potential of the sharing economy
- Sam Hopley, CEO of Holy Cross Centre Trust, on how grant makers can stimulate innovation further
- Arjan Biemans, Founder of Future Landscapes, shares his reflections on the event
Interviews - These video interviews provide more in depth insights from some of our participants. Watch:
- Mirjam Wingelaar on Amersfoort's Free Range Civil Servants
- Emma Clarence on the Potential of the Sharing Economy
- Markus Hipp on the Role of Foundations in Supporting Social Innovation